17-Year-Old Girl Held For Murder After She Headbutts Man 4 years ago 4


A teenage girl has been arrested on suspicion of murder after she allegedly headbutted a man in a vicious attack.

The 17-year-old was Tasered by police after she was apparently found straddling the alleged victim while repeatedly hitting him with her head. The girl is said to have fled across the road before kicking her way into an office where she was cornered and shot with the stun gun.

Moments earlier, neighbours said they heard screams of ‘help me’. The girl is currently being questioned by detectives and it is understood she is being examined by mental health doctors, according to the Daily Star Sunday. Officers were last night waiting for the results of a post mortem on the victim, an Asian man in his 30s who has not been named.

He was found dead in the hallway of a block of flats in Dickenson Road in the Rusholme area of the city at 5.15am on Friday following reports of a disturbance. He was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering severe head injuries, it was reported.

It is understood that neither the dead man or the suspect lived at the premises on Dickenson Road. A number of addresses were examined as part of the police investigation and a large section of Dickenson Road was closed throughout the day. Initial reports said the victim had a broken leg and police believe he may have been injured on the stairs.

Superintendent Wasim Chaudhry said: ‘First of all, I want to stress that we are in the very early stages of our inquiries. I appreciate that the events will cause some alarm in the area, but we are working as hard as we can to establish the full circumstances.

‘We are keen to try and establish the identity of this man and offer support to his family. We are also, however, conducting what is a complicated investigation. We therefore carried out inquiries at a number of addresses which we need to cordon off.’

People living near Dickenson Road spoke of their shock after learning what had happened. Residents on nearby Swayfield Avenue said they were woken at around 5am by the sound of people shouting in the street.

One woman, who did not want to give her name, said: ‘I was so scared, I woke up and heard what sounded like people having an argument and dogs barking.

‘Then it got worse and then I heard a man screaming ‘help me, help me, call the police”.’ Police say an early hours break-in at a nearby house is not thought to be connected. Home Page

Tags: London Police

Read next

Show more

Read also: