Search For Ocean Surge Victims Ongoing – Lagos Govt

4 years ago 0

Dr. Oke-Osanyintola
Dr. Oke-Osanyintola

The Lagos State Government on Thursday said it has not given up on the recovery of ocean surge victims on Kuramo beach.

The General Manager Lagos State Emergency Management Authority, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, told journalists in Alausa that government officials and local divers are still battling to recover bodies of the remaining victims of the ocean surge.

According to the LASEMA boss, bodies of 10 victims had been found by the emergency rescue agencies and local divers.

He said the victims’ remains had been deposited at the Isolo General Hospital mortuary.

Osanyintolu said that contrary to the reports in some media, LASEMA has not abandoned the remaining missing victims, saying search and recovery efforts was still on to uncover their whereabouts.

“We have not abandoned the recovery efforts, our men are still on ground. Don’t forget that we now have local emergency management at various councils. These teams of emergency management are to respond to any emergency situation in their councils. That LASEMA personnel are no longer on the Beach again does not mean we don’t have people at local government level whose job is to respond to emergency needs. We are not personalising emergency management in the state. It does not mean if LASEMA or its GM is not on the ground, emergency response team are not on site working,” he told journalists. Home Page

Read next

Show more

Read also: