Kenya, Ngong – A Kenyan man has sued drinks producer Coca Cola Company for damages after he drank a Coke soda - only to find a condom in it, after galloping almost half the drink.
The soda bottle was sealed before sale.
Stephen Saitoti Kasaiku, a Maasai cattle herder, presented his case before Lady Justice Florence Muchemi in Milimani Courts. In his statement, he said he bought two sodas at Ngong town, and after consuming half his drink he started having stomach pains. He was later taken to hospital where he was treated for food poisoning.
Kasaiku is demanding that Coca Cola refund him the Sh. 500 that he used for treatment in the hospital. He also presented a medical report which indicated that the soda bottle he had in possession had a foreign substance – a condom. It is still not known whether it was used or unused.
The prosecutor said it is possible the bottle was not cleaned well before rebottling or it was a case of sabotage.