Contrary to what Hollywood, Nollywood, Bollywood and the likes are trying to tell you, love is not just about finding a romantic partner. When people think about falling in love, they likely think of finding a romantic and sexual partner.
This is understandable: love, sex, and romance are sold worldwide from the screens. These concepts are used to push everything from cars to perfumes to food. As a result, we've become a society so obsessed with finding one perfect person and "partnering up" that we've forgotten how to fall in love in other ways.
The feeling of falling in love is not dependent on romantic or sexual feelings, and it doesn't have to happen with a partner. You can enjoy that fuzzy feeling in all sorts of ways. So if you're feeling left out of the "in-love" crowd, or if your passion for your current romantic partner has faded, read on for seven exciting, unique ways to fall in love.
7 New Ways To Fall In Love:
1. Your dog, cat, bird, snake, fish or other pet. All living beings have love to give, and your pet is no exception. And besides, the love of animals is unconditional, whereas many people find it difficult to give that sort of love. You know your favorite fluffball will love you even on your worst days.
2. Your babies and children. Granted, it may be harder to fall in love with your teenager, but wait a few years and the feeling may come back. Watch as your children grow and discover the world around them, and let your heart be filled.
3. Your best friend. It must be said that this does not mean you have a free pass to sleep with him or her! If you do experience that desire, don't act on it. But this person will side with you in your hardest times, make you smile and feel better. Isn't that love, too?
4. Your favorite author, actor, recording artist, or professional athlete. And no, this doesn't mean you have permission to stalk them or harbor any delusions that they love you back. Just a reminder that there are people worth admiring and looking up to!
5. Your favorite grandparent, aunt or other family member who makes you feel loved and special. Time spent with them is priceless!
6. Your work and career. Yes, some people really do fall in love with the work they do and the difference they make in their world. Loving your career can be one of the most rewarding and fruitful things you do.
7. Your life and life itself. If you can fall in love with life — your life — then you'll live each day with a full and open heart. Doesn't that sound wonderful?
Make it a point to fall in love today. It feels good, regardless of who or what the object of your affection is. Take advantage of the heart's unique ability to give and receive love unconditionally, and in so many wonderful ways.