A six month old baby identified as Omiwole Emmanuel has been confirmed dead following complications he suffered when his mother’s one room apartment at Kolawole area of Osogbo, Osun State was razed by fire.
According to report, the little baby was said to be sleeping in his mother’s room when fire was noticed in the room at about 9.00pm.
An eyewitness said that the fire was caused by a candle on one of the tables in the room where the deceased slept.
The deceased baby and his mother, who left secondary school after being impregnated last year, were living with his grandmother.
It was also gathered that men of the state fire service took drastic steps to avert the fire disaster but their efforts seemed futile as the little boy could not be rescued.