3 Siblings Die As Fire Razes House In Obudu

3 Siblings Die As Fire Razes House In Obudu

3 Siblings Die As Fire Razes House In Obudu

Three siblings lost their lives as fire gutted a house in Ohong Community, Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River State.

It was gathered that the siblings, two boys and a girl, aged between four and eight years, were the dead victims of the inferno, which occurred about 7.30pm on Tuesday.

According to reports, the fire incident was caused by a generator, which developed fault shortly after it was switched on by the father of the children, Mr. John Ugem.

An eyewitness, Mr. Sunday Ugbe said there was a sudden spark which ignited the generator and engulfed the frontage of the building, blocking the three siblings indoors.

John and his wife, including one of their wards, were sitting outside when the fire erupted.

The fire was said to have defied all efforts by neighbours to put it out, as there were reserved containers of petrol in the house

Desperate to save the lives of his children, John was said to have gained entry into the house through one of the back windows but also got trapped by the inferno.

As of the time of going to the press Ugem, who narrowly escaped death, is currently on admission at the Obudu Sacred Heart Hospital with life threatening-burns.

An attempt to speak with his wife, Mrs. S. Ugem, proved abortive as she was in bitter tears, saying that the fire had a “spiritual” undertone.

Related news

Are you dreaming about crochet braids?

Are you dreaming about crochet braids?

Are you dreaming about crochet braids?