PHOTOS: Exploding Samsung Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap

PHOTOS: Exploding Samsung Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap

A teenager suffered second and third degree burns when her smartphone apparently exploded in her pocket.

PHOTOS: Exploding Samsung Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap

Fanny Schlatter, 18, was injured when the Samsung Galaxy S3 allegedly blew up in her trouser pocket.

She claims to have been left with no feeling in her right thigh and said she will be launching a criminal complaint against Samsung.

French language paper Le Matin reported that Ms Schlatter was working as an painting apprentice when she heard a large bang.

PHOTOS: Exploding Samsung Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap

She told the paper: ‘All of a sudden I heard the sound of an explosion – like a firecracker.

'Then I noticed a strange chemical smell and my work trousers began to catch fire.’

PHOTOS: Exploding Samsung Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap

By the time Ms Schlatter’s boss, Stephane Kubler, had come to her assistance, the flames had reached her shoulders.

She was rushed into the nearest bathroom where colleagues doused the flames before driving her to hospital.

Related news

Aww: See loved up photo of Saraki and wife on 25th wedding anniversary

Aww: See loved up photo of Saraki and wife on 25th wedding anniversary

Aww: See loved up photo of Saraki and wife on 25th wedding anniversary