• 315


  • 1.95


Generator Fumes Took Two Men's Lives

Generator Fumes Took Two Men's Lives

Kunle and Sule, two friends, have lost their lives after spending the night in their workshop with a working generator at Bola Street, Ebute Meta, Lagos State.

According to a source, a commercial bus driver and a panel beater respectively have chosen to spend the night in the makeshift workshop due to a pressing business the next morning.

The owner of the workshop has discovered their dead bodies the next morning.

A resident who spoke on the condition of anonymity said, “Both men worked late that Friday night and instead of going home, decided to spend the night there, possibly to finish up whatever they were doing the next day. As there was power failure that night, they put on the generator.”

The generator, which was initially kept outside, was later brought into the room, in the middle of the night when a downpour began.

The source said, “There was a downpour that Friday night. To keep the generator out of the rain, they brought it inside the room and continued sleeping. Unfortunately, no one noticed anything until the next morning, when the owner of the workshop came around and found it locked from inside.”

After raising the alarm, concerned residents were said to have broken into the workshop and discovered the lifeless bodies of the two men and the workshop filled with fumes from the still functioning generator.

A report was said to be made the at the Denton Police station, after which the bodies were said to have been recovered by policemen from the station led by the Divisional Police Officer.

“We learned that the families of both men came to claim their bodies. In fact, Kunle was taken to Ibadan and buried that same day, while Sule has been buried at Aton Cemetery,” the source said.

Related news

3 die, 5 injured in Abuja-Lokoja road crash

3 die, 5 injured in Abuja-Lokoja road crash

3 die in Abuja-Lokoja fatal road crash
Mailfire view pixel