Remember that time you did a Facebook search of your partner's ex? And before that, when you had a huge crush on your sweetie, you'd check his or her profile page slightly too often. Oh, and recall that other time when you had a leeettle too much wine and looked up something really inappropriate?
The social network stores every single term you enter in the search box.
Although the privacy setting for this data is set to "only you," you may feel uncomfortable having that info hanging around. If so, it's a simple process to delete it and clear your Facebook search history. Here's a quick look how, in the simple directions in pictures below.
1. Go to Your Profile. Head to your Facebook profile and click the "Activity log" option at the bottom right of your cover photo.
2. Activity Log. Your activity log is a list of your posts and all Facebook activity, including your search history.
3. More Options. Next, click on the "More" option on the left-hand menu, under "Photos," "Likes" and "Comments."
4. Search Activity. Scroll down the expanded list until you see "Search."
5. Your Search History. You can now view your Facebook search history, in date order. To get rid of it, simply click "Clear Searches..."
6. Clear Your History... And then okay the pop-up message that appears.
7. A Clean Search Slate! Your Facebook search history is now a clean slate!