Girl Dies After Water Heater Falls On Her Head

Girl Dies After Water Heater Falls On Her Head

A five-year-old girl died on Friday after the water heater of her family’s apartment fell on her head, according to an Ajman Civil Defence official.

The incident took place at the emirate when the Bangladeshi girl, identified as Habiba, went to the bathroom and the water heater inside fell on her, causing a fracture in her skull which resulted in severe bleeding, police said.

The family’s house is in the industrial area of Ajman, one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates.

The family rushed her to GMC hospital for treatment but later the girl was transferred to Khalifa Hospital as her condition worsened, the official said.

The girl was said to have succumbed to her injuries despite the efforts of hospital staff to save her life.

The medical report showed that she died due to fractures sustained in her skull causing severe bleeding.

No reason was given as to why the water heater became dislodged but the civil defence report said that there was neglect in the maintenance of the water heater.

The case was referred to the industrial area police station of Ajman Police, where investigation into the child’s death continues.

Related news

Ex-militants call for the sack Niger Delta minister for appointing an impostor

Ex-militants call for the sack Niger Delta minister for appointing an impostor

Ex-militants call for the sack Niger Delta minister for appointing an impostor