3 Female Gang Members Arrested For Having Sex With Married Men Then Blackmailing Them

3 Female Gang Members Arrested For Having Sex With Married Men Then Blackmailing Them

Police in South Korea say they have cracked a 'honeypot' operation where female gang members would have sex with married men then blackmail them.

In each case, the women are said to have enticed the men to have sex, then threatened to report the encounter to police as rape if they failed to pay substantial sums.

Police in Chungcheong Province arrested five people on Monday who are accused of extorting around £25,000 from three victims.

3 Female Gang Members Arrested For Having Sex With Married Men Then Blackmailing Them

In one case, on New Year’s Eve, Mr. Lim, 31, was having a drink with a friend when some women joined them at their table.

Mr. Lim went to a motel with a woman by the name of Ms. Jeon.

It is alleged she ended up accusing Mr. Lim of rape, demanding £3,500 in compensation which he paid.

She then demanded a further £60,000 saying ‘if you don’t pay, I’m going to call the police’, investigators say.

Mr. Lim suffered a brain hemorrhage on January 13 and is said to remain in an unconscious condition.

However, a police report revealed that the woman who slept with Mr. Lim was part of a criminal gang’s ‘honeypot’ operation.

They have arrested five individuals on suspicion of using sex to lure victims and steal their valuables.

Among those arrested for theft and making threats were three women, all of whom have since been released.

Police say that the gang is suspected of stealing £25,000 from three separate victims during a one month period last December. All of the victims of the ‘honeypot gang’ were either friends or acquaintances of the suspects.

The gang even went so far as to report one of the three victims, 58-year-old Mr. Jeong, to the police for rape after he failed to pay the demanded £40,000.

The police report also mentioned how the gang planned ahead for cases where they would actually accuse the victim of rape, using disposable cell phones with which they wouldn’t contact their accomplices.

After obtaining confessions from the gang about their threats to the three victims, the police have begun examining similar cases from the same period.

‘We have heard about other honeypot operations run by gangs in the area, so we are expanding our investigation,’ said a representative from the North Chungcheon Province Police Department, ‘since targets of this crime can suffer greatly, even losing their families, we advise extreme caution.’

Related news

Zaria massacre: US sends strong message to President Buhari

Zaria massacre: US sends strong message to President Buhari

Zaria massacre: US sends strong message to President Buhari