Sometimes there is more to a dinner plate than meets the eye. What looks like a regular meal might actually be a cake with some clever, camouflaging decoration. Here are cakes that look like something much more nutritious... or at least like something different.
1. A Frosty Bucket of Beer -- When a cake decorator decided to do something special for her father's birthday, she came up with this funny and smart design of a tasty treat:
2. A Seafood Boil -- Another cake decorator, wanting to make an impression at the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Show, decided to show that the true focus of a cake isn't always the sweet treat inside, but often the way it looks on the outside as well:
3. A Bundle of Asparagus -- This might be the only cake on this list that makes more sense as a sweet than its intended decoration. After all, who on Earth could eat that much asparagus? Of course, when you hear the story behind the cake, it makes complete sense. So, one woman decided to make a cake for her sister-in-law, who just won a bodybuilding competition. She opted to make light of her strict diet during the training regimen. As it turns out, the athlete was utterly sick of eating asparagus, so a giant bundle of the vegetable was a great reminder of just how hard she worked to win.
4. Spaghetti and Meatballs Plate -- This is a sweet take on a traditional dinner meal, spaghetti and meatballs. Only it's made with butter cream pasta, strawberry jam pasta sauce, round 'meatball' chocolates with a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut cream, and shaved white chocolate parmesan:
5. Sushi -- Even those with an aversion to raw fish will probably love these delicious and fully-cooked sushi cupcakes!
6. A Chocolate-Covered Strawberry -- If you believe that one good sweet deserves another, then you'll probably love this chocolate-covered strawberry cake. If the looks are not enough to get you, the chocolate cake with strawberry butter cream inside will.
7. Oreo Cookies -- A perfect Birthday cake, a giant copy of a famous sandwich cookie which is usually made of two chocolate wafers separated by a cream filling:
8. A Burger With Fries -- The young man in the picture below got this delicious bacon burger birthday cake from his sister. If you don't think the cake itself looks all that tasty, you might change your mind when you learn what all the layers were made from! The bacon is fruit leather, the sesame seeds are Rice Krispies, the patty is Oreo and chocolate cake and the bun is vanilla cake with caramel frosting. Yum!
9. A Steak With Carrots -- Here's a steak that looks way too raw to cut into. Fortunately, it's actually a fully baked cake:
If all cakes looked this much like other foods, it seems likely that people would be a lot more suspicious of any massive dinners placed in front of them. Have any of you ever had a cake that looked like another food?