Fire razed a one-storey building in Owo town, Ondo State on Friday night and destroyed valuables to worth millions of naira.
A news item monitored on a local radio station in Akure by our correspondent on Sunday stated that the building was situated at Isale Aralepo Street.
Sources said the fire incident started at about 11pm because of a candle which was lit on a table by one of the tenants.
The woman was said to have gone for a vigil, leaving behind two of her little children in the room.
All the 20 rooms in the building have been torched as all the tenants were either fast asleep or not around.
A distress call to the state Fire Service was allegedly not responded to because men of the Service complained of bad water tank on their vehicle.
The Zonal Commander in charge of the Owo fire station, Mr. Metowon Kayode, regreted the inability of his men to render help as a result of the bad condition of their vehicle.
The owner of the building, Alhaji Gani Balogun, who lamented the development, however, appealed to members of the public-spirited individuals to come to his aid and those of his homeless tenants.