Seven Die In Bulgarian Suicide Bomb Attack

Seven Die In Bulgarian Suicide Bomb Attack

A suicide bomber carried out an attack that killed seven people in a bus transporting Israeli tourists in Bulgaria, the country's interior minister said on Thursday, and Israel said Iranian-backed Hezbollah militants were to blame.The attack took place on Wednesday at Burgas airport, a popular gateway for tourists visiting the Black Sea coast.

The bomber had been circling around a group of buses, which were to take Israeli tourists to a resort near Burgas, for about an hour before the explosion, the surveillance footage showed.

"We have established there was a person who was a suicide bomber in this attack. This person had a fake driving license from the United States, from the state of Michigan," Tsvetanov told reporters at the airport.

The bomber was said to be 36 years old and had been in the country for between four and seven days before the attack. Special forces had managed to obtain DNA samples from the fingers of the bomber and were now checking databases in an attempt to identify him, Tsvetanov said.

The foreign ministry said seven people were killed in the attack, including the Bulgarian bus driver and the bomber. The Israeli foreign ministry confirmed that five Israelis were killed.

Beyond the cordons, about 100 holidaymakers waited for their flights but had been told they would be there until midnight. Officials were setting up portable toilets and tents for stranded travelers and Bulgaria's parliament opened with a one minute silence in memory of the bombing victims.

Related news

Federal government to address ill-treatment of Nigerians in Dubai

Federal government to address ill-treatment of Nigerians in Dubai

Federal government to address ill-treatment of Nigerians in Dubai