Kidnappers of two-year-old Nigerian boy, Emmanuel Alonge, have demanded N150 million as ransom before the boy could be released.
Little Emmanuel Oluwatunniso Alonge was on his way to school on Monday in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, when he was kidnapped by gunmen and whisked away to an unknown destination.
P.M.NEWS gathered that the father of the boy, Olusegun Alonge, who is the proprietor of Barachel group of schools in Ifako-Ijaiye, had been contacted by the kidnappers and given 48 hours ultimatum to provide the money or risk losing his son.
A family source said the kidnappers called the father of the boy on two occasions the same day. The first time was at 4.21 pm while the second was at 11.30 pm to demand for the ransom. The 48-hour ultimatum will expire today, but nobody knows the whereabouts and fate of the boy as at the time of filing this report.
Alonge was being taken to school in the parents’ Lexus SUV in the company of the driver (Daniel) and the private nurse (Mrs. Adeyemo) when the kidnappers, who ambushed and overpowered them, snatched the little boy from them at a gunpoint.
FULL ACCOUNT OF THE KIDNAPPING HERE: 2-Year-Old Boy Kidnapped In Lagos
As P.M.NEWS was about going to press, family sources told our correspondent that the kidnappers had slashed the ransom to N100 million.
Meanwhile, the mother of the little boy has been delivered of twins. It was gathered that the mother delivered the twins hours after little Alonge was abducted. Emmanuel was born 15 years after the couple got married.