• 380


19-Year-Old Shoots Herself After Split With Boyfriend

19-Year-Old Shoots Herself After Split With Boyfriend

A 19-year-old teenager who shot herself in the head in front of her horrified cousin during a visit to stay with family is said to have been devastated after recently splitting up with her boyfriend.

19-Year-Old Shoots Herself After Split With Boyfriend

Nisha Jane Webley, 19, who is British was said to be distraught after the break-up just over two weeks ago when she shot herself with a Glock .45 semi-automatic pistol, which was legally registered to her cousin, Michael Daniels Jnr.

Mr Daniels, 22, who owned the gun as part of his job as a security guard, had been doing target practice in his front garden on December 27 when the tragedy occurred.

The teenager, who lived in Wellington in Shropshire, flew out to spend time with her uncle, the Rev Michael Daniels Senior, in Fairfield, Texas, last month.

But on December 27, just 11 days after she arrived, she was found with a gun shot wound to the head.

19-Year-Old Shoots Herself After Split With Boyfriend

The teenager was rushed to the nearby East Texas Medical Center but later died.

Police say that they are still investigating but believe that her injuries were self inflicted.

Miss Webley's mother Beverley Still, 49, and sister Navlet, 21 are said to have flown to the U.S to be with their family.

Distraught: Nisha, pictured was said to be devastated at a recent split with her boyfriend when she died

Neighbours at her Shropshire home described Miss Webley as a 'lovely outgoing girl' and 'happy-go-lucky'.

A family friend added that she was 'so distraught' about the recent split with her boyfriend.

Friend Thomas Markus, 20, who went to Telford College with Nisha, said: 'She was such a fun girl and was always dancing. I think she wanted to dance professionally but she was doing health and social care at college with us.

'I can't get over what has happened.

'She split up with her boyfriend at the same time as her best friend Paige broke up with hers. I'm not sure what happened between them but I know they were very close and she was very much in love.

'Her father is American and works in the USA but I think Beverley was just a full-time mum.

'She was really looking forward to that holiday and before she went there was no indication that anything like this could happen. 

'She always came across as a bubbly girl, full of personality.'

Miss Webley changed her relationship status on Facebook just over two weeks ago and updated her profile picture just hours before she died.

Her uncle Glenn Still, 43, said that it is likely to cost the family £3,200 to fly Miss Webley's body back to the UK.

But he said her family would like for a post mortem to be carried out here and have started a Facebook appeal to raise funds.

Related news

Intelligent things to do in recession

Intelligent things to do in recession

Intelligent things to do in recession
Mailfire view pixel