Tragedy struck on Thursday evening when a middle- aged woman ,Mrs. Comfort Bitrus was electrocuted in Abeokuta, Ogun State Capital, while spreading her clothes on a rope outside her house.
Saturday Vanguard gathered that,the tragic incident occurred at Oke-Ibode area of the town when the victim had a body contact with a live wire around the place and got electrocuted.
She reportedly died before she got to hospital few minutes after the incident.
It was learnt that, as she was rushed into the Emergency Treatment Room(ETR) of State Hospital, Sokenu in the town,the Doctor on duty reportedly certified her dead.
Saturday Vanguard who had a glance of the doctor’s report showed that, the woman was brought in dead. Patient was said to have been electrocuted.
The remains of the deceased had been deposited in the morgue, while the victim’s families were seen making arrangement to collect the corpse for burial as at Friday.
Meanwhile,members of the families of the late policeman, Sunday Angulu, 32, and his adopted son,Moses, who were also electrocuted last Sunday in Abeokuta have collected their deceased’s corpses .
Saturday Vanguard who witnessed the collection of the corpses saw the families leaving the hospital with the corpses at about 9.00am for onward journey to Ogam in Agatu Local Government of Benue State for their burial.
At the mortuary, where the families came to collect the corpses it was free flow of tears,as the remains were being conveyed into the ambulance for final journey to the great beyond.