• 377

    USD/NGN

Fire Guts Lagos Deputy Governor's House

Fire Guts Lagos Deputy Governor's House

 

There was a fire scare on Sunday at the official residence of the Lagos State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire.

 

It was gathered that the fire started at the boys’ quarter of the resident after an electrical spark.

Officials of the government said it was a minor fire incident.

Some sources had told our correspondents that the spark degenerated into a fire that took a combined team of federal and state fire services officials to put out.

But the media aide to the deputy governor, Mr. Tunde Abatan, said the incident was a minor spark.

He said, “There was nobody at the boys’ quarter at the time of the incident. The spark was quickly fixed; it did not cause fire at all. I can assure you that the deputy governor is in her apartment.”

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, said mischievous people were trying to hype the incident.

He said, “It was just a spark that was quickly attended to, nothing more than that.”

The Director of the State Fire Service, Mr. Fadipe Idowu, who also described the incident as minor, said it occurred at 6.22pm.

He said, “It was just a spark that affected the metre board. It was put out with fire extinguisher before we arrived at the place.”

A text message from the National Emergency Management Agency read, “Electric spark at Deputy Governor’s house at Osborne Road, Federal and state fire services currently working to put off the fire.”

 

Related news

Senate leader lashes at Buhari's aides (video)

Senate leader lashes at Buhari's aides (video)

Senate leader lashes at Buhari's aides (video)
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel