3 Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Imo

3 Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Imo

Tragedy befell the Umoro Eziala village in Umuohiagu community of Ngor Okpala Local Government Area of Imo State, when three members of a family died after eating oil beans suspected to have been poisoned.

According to reports, the incident occurred on Sunday, when the head of the family, Pa Sunday Anyahuru, 75; his wife, Elizabeth, 56  and their daughter, Emilia (35), collapsed shortly after retiring to bed.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the family recently packed into their new house within the village.

It was learnt that calls put through to Emilia on the night of the incident were not picked, a development that prompted Chijioke, who lived nearby, to suggest to her sister, Mrs Ogbaku Okeafor, to proceed to the house to find out what happened.

A worried Mrs Okeafor, it was learnt, left Norie to find out why her sister was not picking calls put to her.

It was gathered that when she got to the compound, she found all the doors locked, while there was no response when she knocked on the door.

The curious Okeafor was said to have raised the alarm after all efforts to get a response failed, as neighbours forced one of the doors opened, only to find the lifeless bodies of father, mother and her sister.

Before removing the bodies to Ngor Okpala General Hospital mortuary for autopsy, the assistant superintendent of police in charge of the police station in the area, Mr Thompson Ohakim, appealed to the community to remain calm.

Related news

Infanticide in the FCT: Government remains indifferent as orphanage gets new nursery (PICS, Video)

Infanticide in the FCT: Government remains indifferent as orphanage gets new nursery (PICS, Video)

Infanticide in the FCT: Government remains indifferent as orphanage gets new nursery (PICS, Video)