3rd Mainland Bridge Shutdown: Adequate arrangements in place – FRSC 4 years ago 3

Federal Government will begin repair works on the Third Mainland Bridge on July 1. The Corps Commander, Lagos State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Mr. Nseobong Akpabio, disclosed this in a statement.

Akpabio said the repair works would end on November 6. He added that FRSC, as the lead agency in traffic management in the country, would coordinate the various traffic agencies involved in ensuring smooth flow of traffic during the period.

The commander said that appropriate traffic management measures aimed at improving the safety and flow of traffic would be in place throughout the duration.

He also said that officers and marshals from all FRSC formations in the state would be deployed to strategic designated locations in conjunction with other security and safety personnel to form good synergy.

Akpabio said that throughout the duration of the repairs, there would be diversions and delays within the work area and advised motorists to strictly adhere to road signs, traffic rules and regulations to avoid hitches.

He disclosed that adequate arrangement had been put in place for a coordinated traffic information management, which would be communicated regularly through the mass media and social networks in the country.

The repair, which is in phases, he said, would affect traffic into Lagos from Ogudu and Oworonsoki, and also out of Lagos to the same axis.

Akpabio, however, said that the routes where there would be traffic restriction would be communicated to the public soon.

“The corps further advices that motorists should ensure adequate planning of their trip and utilise designated alternative routes to avoid undue delays,” he said. Home Page

Read next

Show more

Read also: