Residents of Kabiru estate district are mourning the death of a seven-month-old baby who was burnt to death after their house caught fire yesterday night.
According to residents, the mother to the baby had left him along with his four year old brother in the house as she went to entertain herself in a local bar.
Apparently she forgot to put off a burning candle and it is alleged to have caused the fire after it tripped. The inferno left 70 families homeless and property worth thousands reduced to ashes.
Speaking to the media from the scene, Nyandarua OCPD confirmed the incident and urged parents to be cautious and responsible.
The woman has since gone missing and the police are looking for her.
The body was taken to a District Hospital morgue.