AS the award-winning actress, Omotola is set to air her much-talked about reality show, she has expressed anxiety over its implication to her personality.
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde says about the programme to start on DSTV “Before now I thought people who got into reality TV shows were those who reached the end of their careers as entertainers.
When the producers approached me, I thought perhaps my career was over. But they told me they had done a lot of research and found out that people wanted to know about me.’’
She adds, “If I sit down and tell you that I am confident about this I would be lying to you. I am very nervous about the show because everything about me is going to be in the public domain now. I cannot talk myself out of the show.
As it is common with reality shows, you are going to see everything because already there are parts in the show when I forgot and just let some ugly aspects of my life show. If I tell the producers to edit those parts out, they would refuse and say they want everything to be as real as possible.
“So it is a project that may make or mar me. But life is all about risks. I would rather try and fail than not try at all.”
The actress also says she has signed a contract with UK-based Television network, OH TV, for the first 13 episodes of the show.
Stating that the producers have agreed to allow the content to reflect only 10 per cent of her life with her husband and the rest of her family, she adds that the remaining 90 per cent will dwell on her at work with friends and colleagues.
Chief Executive Officer of OH TV, Akin Salami, describes the actress as a ‘‘quintessential African woman,’’ noting that there are many women in Nollywood who would have produced the drama needed for the show but they went instead for her.