The Nigerian Army on Wednesday in Kaduna said recent raids of identified spots in Kaduna is part of security measures adopted to rid the state of terror and criminals gangs.
The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 1 Div., Nigerian Army, Col. Musa Usman, said in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the raid was not intended to humiliate anybody.
He disclosed that a number of arrests had been made, adding that some of those arrested had been released after thorough screening.
"It will be a continuous activity meant to fish out members of criminal gangs in the city."
NAN recalls that soldiers on Friday and Saturday conducted house-to-house search at Kwaru and Angwan Yero areas of Kaduna and allegedly arrested more than 70 people, including women.
The areas are located within the vicinity of St. Rita’s Catholic Church, where a suicide bomb attack on October 28, killed eight persons and injured more than 145 others including the parish priest, Rev. Fr. Mathew Goni.
Usman appealed to residents of the affected areas to cooperate with the soldiers to ensure the restoration of peace and stability in the state.
"We shall be as civil as possible; the raid is not meant to humiliate the residents."