Secretary of the Kogi Emergency Management Agency, Mrs. Alice Ogedengbe, has decried influx of fake flood victims into the relief camps.
The secretary alleged that the people had been claiming relief materials and condemning the state government for not taking care of its flood victims.
She advised people who were not affected by floods to be law- abiding, and work with the government to ensure adequate distribution of relief materials to victims.
“I can assure you that the state government will do everything possible to bring perpetrators to book,’’ she said.
Meanwhile, the Inter-ministerial Committee on Environment has released N250m in fulfilment of President Goodluck Jonathna’s pledge to assist flood victims in Kebbi State, according to NAN.
Minister of State for Works and Housing, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, said this during a visit to Deputy Governor Ibrahim Aliyu, in Birnin Kebbi on Monday.
Yuguda, who inspected areas devastated by flood in the metropolis, said Jonathan had mandated him to visit the victims.
He said the government had released N17bn as relief to flood victims nationwide, urging benefitting states to utilise the assistance judiciously.
Ogedengbe said the state government would soon fish out those parading themselves as victims of flood.