This is the opinion of one of our readers, Olanrewaju Bill Samuel:
KINDLY HELP ME! I have sleepless nights, I try to force myself to sleep but to no avail. Millions of questions on my mind concerning the bombings in Nigeria, corruption and other related issues! I’m helpless all night because nobody is around to answer just a question out of millions.
Already my dear nation is one of the most corrupt nations in the world, where we celebrate corruption and corruption is a pride. A nation that is seriously blessed (one of the richest in the world) but has bad leaders. A nation of over 160million, where 95% are suffering while 5% are enjoying what belongs to all. Corruption has become a monster in Nigeria and this monster walks freely like a prince in the streets and no one dares tackle it. Corruption in my fathers land is now a Goliath and it seems the David who will kill him has not been born.
All our arms of government are birds of a feather. We are governed by selfish leaders, ‘armed robbers’, ‘rapists’ who keep on ‘raping’ us everyday. There is corruption at the federal, state and local levels.
Who will save my nation? Where is the David who will kill this Goliath? Where is the Moses that will leads us to our promised land? Where is Nigeria’s hope? What is the colour of Nigeria future? Golden? Corruption has been around even before independence, who can rid us of it? Who will be our messiah? Can the beautiful one be born?
BOMBING? Before 2010, we normally just heard the news of bombings and suicide bombers! Sincerely speaking, then I didn’t believe suicide bombing was even real. We used to watch it on CNN, Aljazeera, CCTV and other international TV stations and I personally smypathised with them and prayed for peace to rain. But now, it seems the reverse is the case as they have turned my dear nation to a nation like Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Yemen!
Oh my God!
My questions are:
- A million respects to the Nigerian Army, without doubt they are the best in Africa and one of the best in world, is this group (Boko Haram) stronger than the undefeatable Nigerian Army?
- Nigeria and her army have restored peace to many nations in Africa but why we can’t we do this in our own nation?
- Where is our well trained SSS?
- We heard that many arrests have been made. Where are the suspects?
- Is it true that the Federal Government is behind the Boko Haram as claimed by some northern leaders?
- Is it true that C.A.N is behind this bombing as claim by some northerners?
- Why churches?
- Which church is the next?
- What is the mission of these evil doers?
- What is the response of northern Islamic leaders?
- What is C.A.N’s stand?
- Northern Muslims and Christians, can they continue to live together in peace?
- What do you think will be the outcome of these crises?
- Can peace return to northern Nigeria?
- Is the Federal Government doing anything about all these issues?
- It has been predicted that the religious war will result to third world war, what do you think about this?
- Where are we going in Nigeria?
- Do you think God is happy with these evil doers?
- Who sponsors them?
- Nigeria is a country of many nations, is this true?
- Is this an attempt to make Nigeria ungovernable for President GEJ?
- Is this an attempt to ‘islamise’ Nigeria as claimed by some Christians?
- Can we still continue to live together as a nation?