Two beheaded in Igbinedion Varsity 4 years ago 3

Two students of Igbinedion University in Okada, Edo State were reportedly beheaded on Sunday during a clash between ex-militants recently enrolled at the school and suspected student cultists in the institution.

The clash, which reportedly began at 7am, led to the destruction of property, while many were said to have been injured.

While the cause of the clash could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report, some of the students on campus continued to send distress calls to their parents and guardians for help.

State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Olayinka Balogun, confirmed the clash.

But Balogun said the Divisional Police Officer of the area had not given full details of the clash, adding that one person was seriously injured.

However, the CP said policemen had been deployed in the school to control the situation.

Recently, 208 ex-militants were enrolled at the university under the Federal Government amnesty programme and its re-integration component for repentant Niger Delta militants.

The clash is coming two weeks after four students of the university were allegedly abducted by suspected kidnappers.

The Public Relations Officer of the school, Jide Olugbon, on the telephone, requested that our correspondent call back, saying he was in a “very noisy place”. Subsequent calls made to his mobile telephone number were however left unanswered.

A parent, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone on the condition of anonymity, said his son called him on Sunday morning to inform him of the attack.

He said, “My son called me in the morning to tell me that there is clash in the institution between militants and cult members at about 5am. He also said that the two groups engaged in sporadic shootings. So we advised him to stay indoors and not to come out till the situation is put under control.” Home Page

Read next

President Buhari’s chief of staff speaks on suspension, returns to work

Abba Kyari, the chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, has resumed his work on Friday, October 28, about two weeks after short vacation. Recall that Mr Kyari was rumoured to have been sent on compulsory leave by the presidency. However, dismissing all the reports about his suspension the chief of staff got back to work […]

13 minutes ago
Show more

Read also: