Pregnancy is a magical and exciting time in every woman’s life, and even though most of your efforts will be directed towards preparing for birth and being a mother, there is no reason for you to give up on fashion.
The truth is that pregnancy is a great time to show your sense of style and try on new cute maternity items.
Check out the best Ankara maternity looks and find out how to build your chic maternity wardrobe!
As a mommy-to-be, you have so much to take care of,
- from decorating your baby’s nursery with new furniture to buying
- the first tiny clothes for your little one,
- and from getting a quality stroller
- to purchasing bottles,
- and other baby care items.
Luckily for you, you can do all of your baby shopping on Jiji and take advantage of the lowest prices for the widest selection of goods.
Access the whole range of items from top Nigerian sellers with the free Jiji app.
1. How to choose maternity clothes
In order for you to not only look good, but also feel comfortable, the clothes you wear during your pregnancy should match certain requirements. Here is what to pay attention to while shopping for maternity clothing.
- Don’t go too big. Often you will come across the advice to just wear regular clothes that are a size or two bigger than your normal size. However, this type of clothing will be too baggy for you, which is the opposite of what you’re probably going for.
- Look through your wardrobe. A great way to save money on maternity clothes is to raid your closet, since there is a good chance there are many items you can still wear until the later stages of your pregnancy.
- loose-fitting dresses,
- long tops,
- and even regular jeans with an elastic waist are what you need to look for.
- Invest in basics. If you have a limited budget for maternity clothes, better spend money on essentials:
- special maternity underwear,
- one pair of jeans
- or trousers,
- comfortable shoes with a wider fit,
- and a maternity belt for proper belly support.
2. Ankara maternity long gowns
If you have a special event coming up and want to show off your pregnancy in the most stylish way, a fabulous long Ankara maternity dress is a must-have. Here are some of the cutest ones from Nigerian fashionistas.
1. With Ankara maternity style, it’s all about the bold print. This combination of the brightest shades of yellow and blue creates a stunning contrast that is very flattering for your pregnant silhouette.
2. Expecting a baby doesn’t mean you should stay away from your favorite style, especially if you’re a fan of crop top dresses.
Thanks to the full skirt and comfortable fit you will be able to wear this gown until the late third trimester, and the shoulder cutouts and a crop top cut make it a much more interesting dress.
3. If you value comfort above all in maternity style, look for a loose-fitting floor-length dress. It will allow you to move freely and your belly to feel cozier than ever.
Plus, a gown like this can be easily worn throughout the whole period of pregnancy without making any changes.
3. Ankara maternity short dresses
In case you’ve always loved short and flirty Ankara dresses, there is nothing that can stop you from rocking this style when you’re expecting!
Check out the most stylish examples of short Ankara dresses for pregnant ladies.
1. Here is a maternity look that would look fabulous on anyone regardless of the pregnancy.
The loose fit of the dress is a great way to beautifully dress a growing belly, the contrasting pockets and collar are a fun touch, and the matching turban is a chic addition to the look.
2. If you want to make a great investment into your pregnancy and postpartum wardrobe at the same time, check out this multipurpose Ankara dress!
With an simple addition of a thin belt this loose-fitting maternity gown turns into a precisely fitted dress that would look fantastic on any figure.
3. Many pregnant ladies try to stay away from high heels and tight-fitting dresses during that special time, but if you’re having an uncomplicated pregnancy and want to feel as feminine and sexy as ever.
Here is a dress that will make you look like a goddess, especially when paired with fierce pumps.
4. Ankara maternity tops, skirts, and trousers
While Ankara maternity dresses remain the most popular type of clothing for pregnant women, having a couple of stylish Ankara
- and trousers
will help you widen your options for dressing cute during pregnancy.
1. For the trendiest pregnancy outfit, try not just one Ankara item, but a suit made of Ankara shorts and jacket.
You can wear this together with a classic white top or mix up your wardrobe items for a cute maternity look.
2. If you have a pair of jeans and want to spice them up with a stylish Ankara top, here is a cute look for your inspiration.
This red Ankara blouse is so fabulous that you will easily be able to wear it after you give birth,
and the white pumps are an extremely elegant choice for this outfit.
3. In case you continue working in an office when you’re pregnant, you’re going to need some office-friendly maternity clothes.
How about this charming Ankara skirt, paired with a complementary blue jacket?
You can wear it with nearly any top you like and still look stunning!
4. The next maternity look is so chic that any celebrity would feel lucky to wear it.
The combination of wide-legged trousers and crop top is a very fresh idea for maternity wear, and that’s exactly what we love about it.
Like most mommies-to-be, you probably have a long shopping list of items you need for your pregnancy and birth of your baby.
Do all of your baby shopping on Jiji and you’ll definitely love the endless variety of pregnancy and baby goods, as well as the surprisingly low prices.
Catch the latest money-saving deals with the free Jiji app!