Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers has assigned offices to the new commissioners recently sworn-in.
1. Barr Emma Okah - Information
2. Prof Roseline Konya - Environment
3. Chief Ibibia Walter - Transport
4. Barr Isaac Kamalu - Budget
5. Mrs Tonye Oniyide - Culture
6. Prof Kaniye Ebeku - Water Resources
7. Rt Hon Dum Deekor - Works
8. Barr Mrs Ukel Oyaghiri - Women Affairs
9. Dr Fred Kpakol - Finance
10. Dr Tamunosisi Gogo Jaja - Education
11.Prof Chike Princewill - Health
12. Hon Damiete Herbert Miller - Social Welfare
13. Hon Ruderford LongJohn - Local Govt.
14. Hon Shedrack Chukwu - Power
15. Hon Boma Iyaye - Sports
16. Hon Emeka Onowu - Special Services
17. Chief Chinedu Tasie - Housing
18. Barr Sylvanus Nwankwo - Chieftaincy
19. Mr Charles Nwogu - Agriculture
20. Emmanuel Aguma SAN - Honourable Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice
Wike had earlier sworn in Emmanuel Aguma, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, as the state attorney general and commissioner for justice while 14 of the commissioners, took their oaths of office in August, 2017.
During the swearing in, Wike had said: “We demand 100 percent loyalty. This work deserves total commitment. When you have the opportunity to serve the state, it is a rare privilege. Therefore, you have to be committed to service.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
“We are rebuilding the state because a lot went wrong during the immediate past administration of the APC. You need to put in your best.
“Once you do your work, people will notice you and appreciate the quality of your service to the state. That is why you must continue to put in your best."
NAIJ.com earlier reported that Governor Nyesom Wike sacked his commissioners in June, 2017, before making the fresh appointments.
The governor’s special assistant on electronic media Simeon Nwakaudu, said Wike directed all the sacked commissioners to hand over to the permanent secretaries in their respective ministries.
Watch this video as Rotimi Amaechi speaks about the government of Muhammadu Buhari: