In this time of technology, there is no reason to go to a bank in order to pay your bills. You can simply use your phone or PC (personal computer). All you need is to have an internet connection. Today we will learn how to recharge prepaid electricity meter.
How to recharge prepaid electricity meter in Nigeria?
Today, a lot of homes in Nigeria are using the Prepaid Meter, the digital power consumption calculation device. Basically, if you have a prepaid meter in your house, it means that the company will bill you for the amount of energy that you've used in the previous quarter or month.
If you have the Prepaid Meter, then your days of standing in line all day in order to pay your bills are finally over. You can recharge it faster and easier. There are different ways of recharging your PHCN (the power holding company of Nigeria) Prepaid Meter. Continue reading, and we will answer your question “How to recharge prepaid electricity meter?”
How to recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter online?
READ ALSO: Access Bank Mobile banking code
Frankly, it is one of the easiest ways of recharging the prepaid electricity meter. Follow the steps bellow, and you will pay for it in no time!
1. Visit your bank’s official website or use your phone and launch the mobile app (if they have it).
2. Use your username and password to log in to your account.
3. Find a menu that is dedicated to paying bills.
4. Find and select PHCN.
5. Enter all the needed credentials - your meter number, the amount you are purchasing and the other required details. Check twice to confirm your meter number, put it down on paper, so you won’t make any mistakes. If you are not around it, then ask someone to check it - it is important that you get it right.
6. If the Online Transaction Password is necessary, then enter it.
7. Check if all the information is correct, then hit the confirm button.
8. Check the number of your online transaction token and enter it in the right field.
Once you finished the procedure, check your e-mail address or the message box on your phone. You should receive a message that your transaction is successful. Once you got that, you will get another message with your meter token. The meter token is what you use to load the Prepaid Meter.
When you have your token, go to your Prepaid Meter, open the card door of your unit and insert the meter smart card. Then enter the PIN code that is on your token and voila - your digital power consumption device is recharged.
That was fast, wasn’t it? It will take you no more than ten minutes to pay for the prepaid meter online. There are also other options, but you will have to leave your house. The options are:
1. You can charge your prepaid meter by PIN codes. This requires going to the nearest PHCN outlet. You will need to buy credits and load them into the Prepaid Meter using PIN codes. It is similar to the online payment.
2. You may also pay for your Prepaid Meter by using the Smart Card. Just go to any PHCN office for configuration. After the procedure, you can use your Smart Card to recharge the prepaid meter. However, you will also have to go to the office and buy a PIN. That’s a lot of effort, and we really think that you should pay online.
Important note - in order to check any information about your digital power consumption calculation device, you can use prepaid meter codes. In order to get those codes, you need to contact the company that has made your device, since the code depends on the model.
As you can see, recharging your prepaid electricity meter online is very easy. Now you don’t have to spend your time by going to a bank to pay the bill!
READ ALSO: What is Remita?