Troops deployed to Southern Kaduna to maintain peace

Troops deployed to Southern Kaduna to maintain peace

- New troops have been deployed to southern Kaduna to maintain peace

- The old troop was assigned new assignment outside the country

- The people were assured of continued peace and stability

Troops of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) have been deployed to Kaura, Zangon Kataf, Jema’a and Sanga local councils in Southern Kaduna in order to maintain peace in the region.

Guardian reports that Lt. Col. Hassan Muhammad Bello who is the commander of the 4 Battalion in charge of the area disclosed this.

READ ALSO: Niger Delta group sends strong warning to Nnamdi Kanu, demands removal of south-south from Biafra map

He explained that troops of 1 Battalion that had been saddled with the responsibility of maintaining peace in the area now had a new assignment outside the country.

The troops were earlier deployed in Plateau and parts of Bauchi and Kaduna states to maintain order.

Bello said: “The crises usually are on issues of farmers and herders, cattle rustling as well as armed banditry.”

Major General Rogers Nicholas who is the OPSH commander assured the people that troops would do everything they can to maintain peace.

Meanwhile, a group, Middle Belt Patriotic Front, announced that states in the region do not want to be associated with the north anymore and dissociated from the quit notice issued to Igbos.

The issuance of a 90-day ultimatum to Igbos living in the north by some Arewa Youths had spurred reactions in the country and according to Vanguard, the middle belt group said it was not part of it.

The group said states in the North-Central region as well as southern parts of Kaduna, Borno, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe and Adamawa states should not be categorized as belonging to Northern Nigeria.

Nasiru Jagaba who is the spokesperson of the group spoke on behalf of the group on Tuesday, July 4 in Kaduna. He said the states would not watch while the country degenerates into another civil war.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He said: “For the avoidance of doubt; any recourse to threaten any of our brothers from other regions will be met with stiff resistance from the Middle-Belt. We also condemn in the strongest terms, the perceived patting on the back by some Arewa so called Elders to these mis-guided Arewa Youths whose conduct is inimical to the peaceful and cooperate existence of this nation.

“Please let the world be advised that the Middle-Belt is not part of the north and nobody has our mandate to speak for us. We call on other regions of the country to consider us as Middle-Belters which is our identity."

Watch a NAIJ.com TV video below of Nigerians giving their opinion on the ministers that should be sacked.

Source: Naij.com

Related news
BREAKING: FG allegedly reinstates, promotes wanted ex-pension boss who was sacked over 2billion corruption case

BREAKING: FG allegedly reinstates, promotes wanted ex-pension boss who was sacked over 2billion corruption case

BREAKING: FG allegedly reinstates, promotes wanted ex-pension boss who was sacked over 2billion corruption case
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel