- Namadi Sambo, Nigeria's former vice president, finally raised an alarm after the DSS raided his house five times allegedly in search of incriminating evidence
- Sambo said the five times the DSS had raided the same building, its men have destroyed fittings while claiming to search the apartments
Immediate vice president of Nigeria, Namadi Sambo, has raised an alarm over the alleged raid on his house by the Department of State Services (DSS).
Sambo noted that the most recent raid on his house was the fifth in a sequence.
Explaining how the security operatives raided his home, Sambo said despite the continuous action of the organisations, nothing incriminating had been found.
In a statement issued by his media adviser, Umar Sani, Sambo noted that during the five different raids, valuable fittings in the home were deliberately destroyed.
“In the late afternoon of Wednesday, the 28th of June 2017, the Alimi Road, Kaduna un-occupied residence of the former vice president, Arc Mohammed Namadi Sambo, GCON, was invaded by security operatives armed with a search warrant, who conducted a forensic search of the entire residence.
“Initially, we were at a loss as to their identity but later discovered that they were operatives from the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC).
“This raid brings to five the number of times the residence was searched within a period of six months and on each occasion valuable fittings were deliberately destroyed.
“It is worthy of note to state that no such brazen attempts were made at any point, either at his Link Road Kaduna residence, or his Abuja apartment, which he presently occupy.
“As the visit of the operatives was unscheduled, the reasons for the search were not specifically stated.
“However, the outcome of the search was made known. At the end of the whole exercise, the officers, who carried out the search were satisfied that nothing incriminating was found.
“As a law-abiding citizen, the former vice president did not raise any alarm in the previous invasions in view of the fact that he has nothing to hide,” the statement said.
Sambo added that the recent desperation exhibited by some security agencies in carrying out a raid on an unoccupied residence speaks volumes of the clandestine intention of the security operatives.
“It is therefore worrisome to note that the consistency with which the searches occurred and the intervals between them portrays a desire of a fault-finding mission.”
“We are apprehensive that a repeat of such episode will not be surprising if an incriminating object is planted in his residence in order to willfully and deliberately incriminate him.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
“It is against this background that we wish to draw the attention of the unsuspecting members of the public to this phenomenon.
“The desperation of some of the security agencies is glaring by the number of times such searches were conducted and still counting.
“We hope it is not a way to try to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it,” the statement added.
NAIJ.com reported earlier that heavily armed security operatives from various arms of the security services led by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission on Wednesday, June 28, stormed the Kaduna residence of former Vice President, Namadi Sambo in Kaduna state.
It was learnt that the operation which lasted several hours saw the operatives cordoning off the No 1 Alimi road residence of the former number 2 man while some of the operatives went into the residence ostensibly to carry out a search.
Can you name a clean politician in Nigeria? Watch this video: