Former Miss Anambra finally talks about the controversial video

Former Miss Anambra finally talks about the controversial video

Former Miss Anambra, Chidinma Okeke, has finally addressed the scandal which trailed her some months back.

In a recent interview with The Nation, 20-year-old beauty queen revealed how the organizers of the beauty pageant blackmailed her and used her to achieve their selfish aims with the shocking video which featured her.

Recall that Chidinma Okeke won the Miss Anambra beauty pageant, organised by the Anambra Broadcasting Service. But after a while, series of lewd videos about her kept surfacing on the internet. There were reports she wanted to kill herself at a point.

But she debunked claims that she wanted to kill herself. Narrating what really went down, she said:

READ ALSO: Chidinma Okeke appears in Lagos court

“Early last year, the ABS advertised for the Miss Anambra beauty pageant. I heard of it and went to make enquiry.

“My roommate was also interested, but one of the organisers told me to apply. I told them I was not interested but the man insisted that I might win the competition.

Why I agreed to make that controversial video – Former Miss Anambra finally speaks out

Chidinma debunked claims that she wanted to kill herself

“He also promised to give me the form for free if I indicated interest, and he did when I agreed to contest.But one Jane told me that before a winner would be declared, there were certain things to be done, including the (s*x) video.

PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app

“I consented after some persuasion from the organisers. I later went for the contest at the Marble Arch Hotels in Awka, and I was declared winner with a Kia Rio vehicle as star prize.

“When I went for my car after the contest, the organisers brought out a contract form for me to sign, but I told them I wanted to contact my lawyer to see it. I was not given the opportunity to do so.

“What they kept telling me was that if I insisted on not signing the contract or wanted to contact my lawyer, they would release the video.

“At that point, I became uncomfortable and signed the contract to avoid such embarrassment, and the car was released to me from where it was packed within the premises of ABS.

“From that moment, I became a slave to them. On October 11, 2016, they called me to come and make presentations inside the office of one the organisers. After that, the man excused some people in that room and showed me the video again.

“They told me to drop my car and removed my crown from me. I told them I would take the car as stipulated in the contract. They insisted I should pack it in the premises of (ABS).

“I told my uncle in Abuja about the situation. My uncle called them and asked them to release my car to me. Instead, they forwarded the video to him as part of the blackmail. That was what happened.”

Source: Naij.com

Related news
After Plateau attack, group raises alarm over alleged plans by Fulani herdsmen to launch another deadly attack in Benue state

After Plateau attack, group raises alarm over alleged plans by Fulani herdsmen to launch another deadly attack in Benue state

After Plateau attack, group raises alarm over alleged plans by Fulani herdsmen to launch another deadly attack in Benue state
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel