Palm Kernel oil has a lot of benefits. It is full of vitamins and is good for our body. But how about the hair? If you are looking for a great way to keep you hair moisturized and healthy then today is your lucky day. We have some great tricks that every lady should know. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of palm kernel oil for hair.
What is Kernel Oil?
There are many people that are skeptical when it comes to palm oil. They believe it's not good for our health and therefore it should not be used. But the truth is that the regular palm oil is usually made from the pulp of the palm fruit.
On the other hand, the kernel oil is made from the seed that is inside of the African Oil palm. The oil is quite valuable, because in order to get it, you need to roast a lot of seeds. And this oil is great for our health! Let’s quickly cover the main benefits for our body and after that we will talk more about the benefits for our hair.
1. It's a source of unsaturated fats and no trans-fat!
Great for skin, bones and joints and also good for cooking!
2. No cholesterol
That’s why you can use it instead of butter while cooking. People who have high cholesterol will really appreciate palm oil.
3. It is rich in vitamins K, A and E
READ ALSO: How to make pink lips cream at home?
It helps the body get rid of the toxins, keeps your skin healthy (vitamin A), help your bones (vitamin K) and also prevents eye disorders (vitamin E).
4. It is filled with antioxidants
It has great anti-aging benefits so you don't have to worry about wrinkles on your face for a long time.
As you can see, the kernel oil is something you should add to your daily routine! Now it is time to talk about the benefits that it brings to your hair.
Palm kernel oil for hair growth
Palm Kernel oil is full of various nutrients that are very valuable in when it comes to your health. It has the palmitic acid and already mentioned vitamins K, A, E, and antioxidants. The mix of nutrients help the hair to grow faster and stay healthy. The antioxidants that are found in kernel oil maintain the collagen in the hairs, keeping together the follicles and preventing hair loss.
Palm kernel oil is a great option for those who suffer from thinning, dry or dull hair. It acts as a conditioner and softens the hair. Besides softening, the palm kernel oil improves hair growth. It moisturizes the hair’s shaft which can help the hair to grow longer and shinier.
The palm kernel oil makes your hair stronger and thicker if you use it regularly. Your hair will be soft, shiny and bouncy. The oil also moisturises the skin of your scalp, so you no longer have to suffer from itchy hair.
It is a great choice for those who have curly natural hair. The palm kernel oil is non-greasy and very light, so it is easy to use and provides the best moisture for your hair!
How to make palm kernel oil at home?
Since it is great for your hair and skin, many people will want to make the palm kernel oil at home. You can skip this step and just use the products that already have kernel oil in them. For instance, there are shampoos and conditioners with kernel oil as an ingredient. You can also buy the kernel oil itself. If you are still willing to make the palm kernel oil at home, then you will need palm fruits, water, hammer and a lot of will and strength! Ready? Let’s get started then.
1. Place the palm fruits into a pot and add water to cover the fruits.
2. Cook them until all of them are soft. It will take about 20-25 minutes.
3. Sieve the water and pour the fruits into a mortar.
4. Use the pestle and pound the fruits until the skin separates from the kernel.
5. Take the kernel and spread them on a tray.
6. Leave the kernel under the sun to dry, it will take some time.
7. Take the kernel and, using your hammer (and strength!) smash the kernel, separating the nuts from the shell.
8. Place the nuts on a tray and leave them under the sun to dry for at least one hour.
9. Pour the dried nuts into a pot and leave them on a medium heat.
10. Stir from time to time with a spoon. Eventually it will become oily. When it’s oily, cover the pot and reduce the heat to minimum.
11. In a few minutes, the oils that are in the nuts will separate.
12. Scoop the hot oil into a ceramic bowl and leave to cool.
Remember, this may not be safe and you have to be careful - the oil is quite flammable so maybe it is better to buy the palm kernel oil instead of making it on your own unless you know what you're doing.
As you can see, palm kernel oil is great not just for your skin and body but for your hair too. Try it out and you will see the results in no time!
READ ALSO: Maid of honor dresses in Nigeria