- The attack occurred on Tuesday, June 20 along Maiduguri-Damboa highway
- Police commissioner Chukwu however says no police officer was killed or abducted in the attack
- Reports at the time said no fewer than 16 police officers may have been abducted by the terrorists
Sahara Reporters is reporting that Boko Haram insurgents have released a video allegedly showing their abduction of some officers of the Nigerian police force just some days back.
The online media platform released a snapshot of the video in a tweet on its Twitter handle on Saturday, June 24.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that the police command in Borno state confirmed the death of two people in a Boko Haram attack along the Maiduguri-Damboa highway.
Damian Chukwu, the Borno police commissioner, who confirmed this on Tuesday, June 20, said that the dead persons included a police man and a truck driver.
Chukwu, the Borno state commissioner of police, however denied that any police officer was killed in the Boko Haram attack.
The commissioner admitted that his men were searching for missing persons and that six officers suffered injuries in the ambush.
Narrating the incident, Chukwu said the terrorists opened fire at exactly 11:30 am as the 57 members of the MOPOL 51 Police Mobile Force from Oghara in Delta state on special duties to Askira/Uba led the way.
Watch this NAIJ.com TV video of child survivors of Boko Haram attacks