Signature of dead Kogi governorship aspirant allegedly appears on Melaye recall register

Signature of dead Kogi governorship aspirant allegedly appears on Melaye recall register

- The campaign manager to the late gubernatorial aspirant Yahaya Adesayo Ismail expressed shock that his deceased boss’ signature was found on the recall register

- Ismail threatened to take action against those behind the recent development and rained down curses on them

- INEC has fixed July 3 for the verification of all the signatures put down to recall the senator

The ongoing recall process for Dino Melaye has just taken a very controversial new twist.

According to reports, the signature of a deceased former governorship aspirant under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Prince Rotimi Obadofin has allegedly been found on the recall register for the senator.

Obadofin’s signature was reportedly among those of other Kogi West constituents seeking to recall their serving senator.

NAIJ.com notes that Prince Rotimi Obadofin died on 7th April 2016, and has since been buried according to Islamic rites.

Signature of dead Kogi governorship aspirant appears on Melaye recall register

The late prince Rotimi Obadofin

READ ALSO: Dino Melaye recall: 4 politicians that might save him

The deceased had contested for the Kogi state governorship alongside the late Prince Abubakar Audu and Yahaya Bello, but lost out during the primaries.

According to Daily Post, Yahaya Adesayo Ismail, the campaign manager to the late governorship aspirant who announced the development in Lokoja, the Kogi state capital, stated that he was confused when he saw his late boss’ name as one of those seeking to recall Melaye.

He described the development as fraudulent and threatened to take appropriate action against the perpetrators.

Ismail stated: “When I was told, I said it can’t be possible, until I saw it myself.

“Late prince Rotimi Obadofin never participated and supported fraud during his life time; why will anybody put his name among those calling for recall?

“Those who included his name in the mess and their supporters will forever know no peace in their lives and the lives of their children. They will live to regret their fraudulent actions.”

“They will die young and the Mercy of the Almighty Allah has seized in their lives.

“This is the same man that these bastards never supported his noble agenda for the state, talked hypocritically about him and used his political assets to promote another person.

“I will personally pick this up, whoever handled this fraud in my ward will pay for this.”

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed July 3 for verification of the signatures appended for the recall.

After that, a referendum for the recall would be conducted.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a statement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it has notified Senator Dino Melaye about a petition from some voters in Kogi west senatorial district demanding his recall has been denied by the lawmaker.

The electoral commission on Thursday, June 22 formally acknowledged the receipt of the petition on Melaye’s recall.

Watch this NAIJ.com TV video about the recall process for Dino Melaye

Source: Naij.com

Related news
BREAKING: House of Reps revisit bill on devolution of power following agitations across the country

BREAKING: House of Reps revisit bill on devolution of power following agitations across the country

BREAKING: House of Reps move to address agitations, revisit bill on devolution of power
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel