Some interesting facts for you, our dear readers! Nature's wonders, God's miracles... They make learning fun. Learn about all kinds of interesting things to tell your friends and family.
1. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
2. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45% when a person looks at something pleasing.
3. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
4. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
5. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
6. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
7. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
8. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
9. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
10. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
11. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.
12. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
13. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
14. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
15. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die
16. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling).
17. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
18. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
19. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
20. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
Do you know some more curious facts? Tell us!