- 21 Chibok girls rescued last year are reportedly being kept in a safe guarded place outskirt Abuja
- The girls told pressmen about the dream for the future and hope to meet newly rescued 82 Chibok girls
- However, the family of the girls lamented that the girls are not allowed to see their relatives
The 21 Chibok girls rescued in 2016 are currently being housed in a government building where they are being rehabilitated and the newly rescued 82 girls are set to join them there.
The 21 girls, all looking rested and calm, while speaking to CNN said they are anxious to meet the newly rescued 82 girls whom they referred to as 'our sisters'.
One of the girls, Rebecca Mallum said: "I really enjoy tailoring and catering. I want to be a doctor in the future because I want to help people."
Another girl, Helin Musa said: "I want to be a doctor, I want to help so many people who are not feeling fine. I like biology, chemistry."
Agnes Gabani, 19, says she is happy at the facility and enjoys her classes. she said: "I like to do agriculture, biology, English, games. I want to be a doctor in the future. Many people are dying and I want to help them to survive."
Their psychologist, who was not named for security reasons said that the young women have made "tremendous improvement."
He said: "I remember vividly when they were first released, they had symptoms of PTSD, nightmares, insomnia. The girls are doing very well.
"We see each of them twice a week but we are called upon in acute cases to address particular issues regardless of the timetable."
However, Aisha Yesufu, a member of the Bring Back our Girls movement told CNN: "We have an uncle here in the movement who in the early days could speak to his niece on the phone. Now he doesn't know where she is and he is not allowed to go and see her."
"Parents should be allowed to see their children. They should be allowed to speak to them. We need transparency. We all have the same goals to rehabilitate and reintegrate them back in society."
Nigeria Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan disagreed with Yesufu's claim. Alhassan said:
"Parents have been to visit them here. They gave government consent for them to be here," she said.
"We didn't compel anybody. We also asked each girl individually what she wants and every month we assemble them and ask them if they want to go back home."
She added that they are not allowed to travel as a group because of security concerns and that one of the Chibok young women was currently visiting her parents on a two-week break.
"They are not kept here against their will. When we asked them if they wanted to go home for Easter ... they are still scared and they said they don't want to go back."
The recent video by Boko Haram that was made available on Friday, May 12, 2017, proves the minister's words.
Meanwhile, check out the pictures of the girls and what they looked like before the abduction and what how far rehabilitation has changed them.
Watch this NAIJ.com video of Bring Back Our Girls group protesting the abduction of the girls.