Have you ever dreamt about joining the Nigerian Air Force? This branch of military service is the most advanced. Don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of something great. Keep reading to learn more about Nigerian Air Force Short Service requirements.
In today's military conflicts worldwide the Air Force plays a very special role. It is believed that victory on the earth is determined by the dominance on air. Under current conditions, aviation is the most powerful unit in the battlefield of conventional weapons.
The Air Force in Nigeria is one of 3 military branches of the Armed Forces. It stands in one row with the Navy and the Army. It enlists physically-fit individuals to the service. This is what can be done through the Nigerian Airforce recruitment portal.
It is also worth mentioning that its service is divided into Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) and Short Service Course (SSC). The first one presupposes service for graduates from institutions of higher education as officers in non-combat units. The second one involves service as combatants with the possible participation in military actions.
Basic Nigerian Air Force Short Service requirements
According to the current legislation, the Nigerian Armed Forces are appointed exclusively on a contract basis. Forced recruitment of Nigerian citizens is not practiced.
Nigerian Air Force short service demands certain requirements:
- An applicant can be recruited if he or she is of Nigerian origin since birth (there must be a valid certificate with state of origin indication).
- A candidate must provide birth certificate confirmed by Local Government Council, Hospital or National Population Commission.
- A candidate for the service must be single.
- There is no gender discrimination. It means that both males and females can be applicants for the enrollment.
- The next requirement is the age of the Nigerian citizens. He/she must be between 18-26 years old.
- There is a necessity for having 5 credits minimum in not more than two sittings in these examinations: The West African Senior School Certificate Examination/ General Certificate Examination/ The National Examinations Council/ The National Business and Technical Examinations Board. It should include English and Mathematics.
READ ALSO: Nigerian air force ranks and their salary
- Required height for the future Air Force servicemen is 1.69 meters and for servicewomen – 1.68 meters.
- An applicant must not possess any convictions by any court of law.
- DSSC recruitment requires NYSC Scheme or proof of graduation from institutions of higher education.
- There should be also recommendations from 2 respectable referees that attests to the applicant’s characters. If the party concerned is a military person there should be a recommendation from their commanders.
After submission of tthe Air Force application form and collection of relevant documents, you will then go on to the next stage. This additional step will be in the form of the selection procedure for physical, medical and psychological characteristics, as well as professional skills.
It’s worth mentioning that at the end of April 2017, some important information was revealed during the 53rd anniversary of the Nigerian Air Force foundation. Two attack helicopters Mi-35M were deployed. The ceremony was attended by the head of staff of the NAF, Air Marshal Mohamad Dan-Ali.
According to the NAF official statement, these two new helicopters will increase the combat ability of the armed forces to fight disparate guerrilla groups in the country. The first Mi-35 arrived in Nigeria in December last year. The second will arrive before the end of 2018. Don’t miss the possibility to become a crewmember of these new helicopters.