Nowadays, owning private jets is the new trend for Nigerian pastors. It is so rampant that we have to wonder if Jesus would agree to have one if he was in the shoes of these same pastors today. Here we will try to find out whether William Kumuyi has his own luxurious vessel or not. This would be interesting.
Famous Pastors like Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors that have already been reported to have private jets. Various arguments have been put forward for and against the issue of procurement of a N4 billion aircraft by the General Superintendent of the Deeper Life church.
Recently Pastor Kumuyi was called one of the 500 most influential people on the planet apparently owing to his reach in Christendom via his mega church. Pastor Kumuyi is arguably a bigger preacher and pastor than most of the jet-setting pastors, but it is not clear yet if he owns one. What is certain is that he lives a little below the radar compared to the likes of Chris Oyakhilome and David Oyedepo.
READ ALSO: Tompolo house: How much does it cost?
W.F. Kumuyi was born on June 6, 1941, in Osun state, Nigeria. He completed his secondary school education in 1961 and started teaching mathematics at Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun state in 1962. From there, he proceeded to have his university studies at the University of Lagos where he graduated with a first-class degree honours in Mathematics. It was during his years at the university as a lecturer that he started a small Bible study group which has grown to what is now known as the Deeper Life Bible Church today.
Top 10 facts about the richest pastor you did not know
As we cannot confidently answer the question concerning the jet of our wealthy preacher, we gathered some facts about his life that would probably help you to guess if he actually owns this luxurious vessel.
1. He draws/receives no salary from the work he does, instead the church sees to his upkeep.
2. The house he lives in and the SUV he drives is owned by the church.
3. Richest prophets in Africa and some pastors under him drove Cars better than his.
4. He has nothing he can call his.
5. His church holds the position as the biggest church in Nigeria, "single largest congregational church" in Africa and the 3rd largest in the world since the 80s.
6. Currently, his church is named the "world largest megachurch" according to www.foreignpolicy.com.
7. He is an incredibly humble man. His understanding of the Bible is quite enviable and astonishing. He has an excellent command of alliteration.
8. His students state that "he teaches the Bible as if he was there when it was written".
9. He sold his car to support the gospel work in Ghana back in the 80s or late 70s.
10. His Ultra-modern Church Headquarters in Lagos cost over N4 billion. The edifice is a masterpiece with underground car park and two lift elevators inside the church. All the windows in the church are remotely or electronically opened and closed. Even the roofing sheet they used is the first of such in Africa (according to the architect-in-charge).
As you see, some facts are a little controversial. However, everyday we learn something new about one of the most famous richest pastors of the whole world. So if there is any new information concerning his luxury toys, you will be the first to know about that!
READ ALSO: Ooni of Ife Rolls Royce