- Parents of the missing Chibok girls are yet to ascertain if their daughters are among the 82 freed by Boko Haram militants
- The girls' names were put on Twitter by the president's office but the parents don't have access to social media
- The anxious parent are pondering on whether to make the journey to Abuja to confirm if their daughters are among the 82 freed girls
Parents of the missing Chibok girls are awaiting confirmation on if their daughters are among the 82 freed by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria two days ago.
According to a report on BBC, the parents were seen checking newspapers in Chibok on Monday, May 8, to see if their daughters were listed among the 82 released Chibok girls.
Recall that the girls' names were put on Twitter by the president's office on Sunday, May 7, but unfortunately most of the parents don't have access to social media.
The 82 released Chibok girls were flown to the capital Abuja.
It remains unclear if the government has made other attempts to reach the parents of the girls.
However, the anxious parent are pondering on whether to make the journey to Abuja to confirm if their daughters are among the 82 freed by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria
One of the parents, Esther Yakubu told the BBC the last three years had been a "horrible nightmare".
She was however quick to note that the possibility of her daughter having been rescued was giving her hope.
She said: "Whether she is among the freed ones or not, I am very happy.
"We started this year with 24 [returned girls] and now we have 106. It is a large number, and we have hope that, if they are alive, they will come back.
"I have never been happy in my life like today. I am a mother. I accept any child that is back. My baby will be back soon, if she is among them or if she isn't."
Earlier, NAIJ.com reported that the 82 abducted school girls released by Boko Haram at about 7.04pm on Sunday, May 7, arrived the Presidential Villa in Abuja to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari.
They were driven to the Villa in a military convoy amidst tight security.
The 82 girls were released on Saturday, May 6, after a successful negotiation with a team representing the Nigerian government.
Some details of the negotiation involved in the release of 82 more Chibok girls by the dreaded Boko Haram terrorists have been released.
It was gathered that two combined team of military and Red Cross negotiators involved in the negotiation, flew two Boko Haram commanders to Banki town in Borno state in exchange for the girls, while the Nigerian army took custody of the girls who were handed over by Boko Haram representatives.
Meanwhile, watch this touching NAIJ.com TV video of child survivors of Boko Haram activities in the northeast narrating their ordeal.