British-Dutch company Shell is the 6th largest oil and gas corporation in the world. It steadily maintains its status as one of the world leaders in the energy sector and strengthens its position in the chemical industries. If you are hoping to become a part of the Shell Nigeria team, read the article to know more about Shell Nigeria recruitment in 2017.
Before we will tell you about the Shell vacancies in Nigeria, it is important to consider a short overview of the company.
Since 1958, the time of the British colonial rule, the company began oil production in the Niger Delta. The contractor is the Dutch-British oil concern "Royal Dutch Shell". The subsidiary in Nigeria is "Shell Petroleum Development Corporation" (SPDC) — the largest oil magnate in the country. Nearly half of the company’s products are from Nigeria. That comes to over two million barrels on a daily basis!
Shell has successfully organized exploration, extraction, and processing of oil and gas in 80 countries around the world for over a hundred years. They have about 100,000 employees in 90 countries and regions of the world. However, the Shell recruitment program demands a lot.
A few years ago the company spent more than $1.2 billion on the research of innovative technologies to produce fuels and other products. Shell Lubricants appeared as a division of the corporation. It specializes in finished lubricants for passenger and commercial vehicles as well as industrial machines. Shell-produced oils and greases are sold in about 130 countries.
The high technical level of greases and oils is due to the fruitful and close cooperation with major manufacturers of industrial equipment. As a result, Shell lubricants are used by the leaders of the engineering design Bureau and the Assembly of engines (e.g., Ferrari). So, the company requires qualified specialists for maintenance of authority.
The headquarters of Shell is located in The Hague, the Netherlands. On the official website, you might find Shell careers for the headquarters. However, as the matter stands, we would like to inform you about the vacancies in Nigeria as revealed by ngcareers.com
Shell Nigeria recruitment 2017
1. 2017/2018 Sabbatical Attachment For University Lecturers
- associate professor;
- applicants who will be 60-years-old on by 2018 will not be considered;
- applicants who have already been a participant of this Programme will be set aside as well.
2. Postgraduate Research Internship For University Students
- Nigerian postgraduate students are welcomed, as an exception Nigerians who are studying abroad will be examined;
- Under 30 years old students with a master's degree and under 35 years old students with a degree can be considered.
3. Legal Counsel
- lawyer with minimum of 5 years experience;
- Bachelor's Degree/HND;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- flexibility and pragmatism in deploying legal skills;
Good understanding of the Petroleum industry in general and its legal framework in Nigeria.
4. General Practitioner
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support training course;
- Advanced Trauma Life Support training course;
- Fellowship qualification with minimum of 5 years experience ( FWACP, FNCFM, MRCGP, FRCGP etc);
- Management, as well as Leadership experience, will be a privilege.
If you meet these requirements do not waste time. This is your chance! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!