- The true nature of President Muhammadu Buhari's health has been a source of controversy
- Many in the country are insinuating or outright calling for the president needs resign
- There have been rumours that a certain group of people are preventing the president from going abroad for medical treatment
There have been rumours that a certain group of people are preventing the president from going abroad for medical treatment due to their selfish need to hold on to power.
Sahara Reporters reported that those in the cabal have been discovered and these are the names they proffered:
1. Lawal Daura
The first person mentioned in the list is the Director General of the Directorate of State Security (SSS), Lawal Daura.
2. Mamman Daura
Mamman Daura is the second person mentioned in the list and he has been called one of Nigeria's most powerful man, due to his close blood relation to Buhari.
3. President Buhari's personal Secretary, Tunde Sabiu
4. A businessman, Isa Funtua, of whom very little is known
5. Abba Kyari
Abba Kyari is President Buhari's chief of staff and a retired Army Brigadier.
6. Babagana Kingibe
A former Secretary to the Government, Babagana Kinigbe is mentioned in the list also.
Also, it has been reported that aides, friends and relatives close to President Muhammadu Buhari have been shrouding his real health status from Nigerians.
Many feel that this might be a further attempt by a cabal of some of his closest associates to prevent him from going abroad for treatment.
Some members of the Buhari administration accuse the cabal of opposing Mr. Buhari’s foreign medical trip for fear that his absence would cost them political influence.
The major critics of the Buhari-led federal government are supporters of the Biafra agitation. Watch a NAIJ.com video of them speaking below: