Teen Has Stomach Removed After Drinking Cocktail

Katherine Baffour 4 years ago 1

UK – The UK’s Food Standards Agency has issued a warning to consumers advising caution when consuming alcoholic drinks containing liquid nitrogen after an 18-year-old girl from Heysham, Lancashire, became gravely ill last week.


Gaby Scanlon was celebrating her 18th birthday with friends at Oscar’s Wine Bar when she began to complain of stomach pains after imbibing an alcoholic cocktail infused with liquid nitrogen.

She was rushed to the hospital, where doctors were forced to remove a large part of stomach that had become perforated. Gaby remains in hospital, where she is listed in “serious but stable” condition

The establishment that served Gaby the drink has suspended its sale, and is reportedly cooperating a Lancashire Police investigation.

Lancaster City Council’s Licensing Committee chairman says he has tried the drink himself having “assumed the drinks served in licensed premises will be safe.”

He added: “It was quite scary to think that it could have possibly happened to me.”

Such a young, pretty girl has now a ruined life ahead of her… Should the owners of the Bar be sued? Do they hold the responsibility of what has happened, or is it the girl herself to put the blame on, for drinking  obviously life-threatening substance? Home Page

Read next

Show more

Read also: