- Scores of Boko Haram members detained at a military facility in Maiduguri, Borno State have reportedly lost their lives
- On Monday, April 10, the alleged dead bodies of the Islamist fighters were being taken to the Specialist Hospital in the Borno state
- For latest news and updates about Boko Haram visit: https://www.naij.com/tag/boko-haram.html
A number of Boko Haram members detained at the military facility in Maiduguri, Borno state have allegedly lost their lives.
A source told Sahara Reporters on Tuesday, April 11, said that dead bodies of the terrorists were sighted being taken to the Specialist Hospital in the Borno State on Monday, April 10.
"By Tuesday, the dead bodies brought to the hospital were about 75 in total. They brought in the bodies three times on Tuesday and there were serious concerns that the deaths resulted from poor and overstretched facilities at the military camp." the source said.
NAIJ.com gathered that a security source also confirmed the situation but said the casualty figure was lower, declining not to give the accurate figure.
However the military authorities have yet to issue a statement at the time of this report.
In a previous report by NAIJ.com, the Nigerian military released 593 detainees after they had been cleared of any association with the Boko Haram terrorists.
The Theater Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, handed over the detainees to officials of the Borno Government at a ceremony in Maiduguri on Monday, April 10.
In this video, NAIJ.com asks Nigerians if they would like to see President Trump order an attack on Boko Haram, watch responses below: