From politics to entertainment and down to sports, there is no sphere in Nigeria where there is no pressure, there is no sector that does not have activities worthy of note.
This is why on a weekly basis, the NAIJ.com team, puts together a series pf quotes that give you an intense feeling and a deeper understanding of what is obtainable in our nation at the moment.
Below are 12 quotes collected from events in the passing week, they would help refresh your mind as to what we have encountered as a people, as well as keep you focused on things we expect to come.
1. “Other Muslim nations have put forward girl education. Other Muslim countries have pushed on. We are fighting culture, we are fighting civilization"
Muhammadu Sanusi II, Emir of Kano, in his key note address during the opening ceremony of Kaduna state's investment programme titled 'Promoting Investment Amidst Economic Challenges' says northern Nigeria will be the poorest if the country is broken into components.
2. "Who was Nnamdi Kanu before now? He was nobody"
A former president-general of the Igbo Think Tank Tank group, known as Aka Ikenga, Goddy Uwazuruike, ascerting that President Muhammadu Buhari has transformed the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, from a nobody to a hero.
3. "It is an act of aggression against the peace-loving and law-abiding Muslims of the state"
A Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has accused Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state of waging a war against Islam in his state by planning to demolish mosques built in the premises of Petrol stations.
4. "Sir, what is unfolding now is not a wedding preparation but a desperate attempt to kill me"
Mrs Taiwo Obasanjo, the wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has alleged that certain persons have been detailed to assassinate her following a court action she filed last month to postpone her son's wedding.
5. "I respect Dr. Jonathan. He is a former President but as of today, I'm the most senior member of this party"
Factional leader of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Ali Modu Sheriff, disclosing his reason for walking out on leaders of the party during a meeting organized by former President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday, April 6.
6. "The truth is that the vice president’s trip was not a jamboree"
A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa state, Prince Ebitimi Amgbare, has warned acclaimed Niger Delta activist, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, to mind his outburst over the recent visit by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to the region.
7. "God will cure him (Sheriff) permanently"
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has described Ali Modu Sheriff, the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as a virus that has infected the party.
8. "There is no food that we lack in this forest of Sambisa"
Insurgents reveal their camp is well fortified with adequate food supply.
9. “We are loyal to the party; we are loyal to the leadership of the party and we are loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari"
Governor Muhammadu Bindow of Adamawa state has disassociated himself and his administration from reported threat to quit the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
10. "I was with them and my convoy was ambushed by Boko Haram. Instead of withdrawing back to Maiduguri, I said, ‘No! We are in this together, I can’t go back"
Nigeria’s army chief Tukur Buratai has recalled how close he came to death during an ambush by Boko Haram insurgents.
11. "That model cannot work, growth can only come from investments. It cannot come from consumption"
Muhammadu Sanusi ll who is the Emir of Kano has said the President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s economic model would not work as it will incur more debt.
12. "We remain committed to our electoral promise to change our way of doing things and to change Nigeria for good"
President Muhammadu Buhari assures Nigerians of his governments commitment to better their lives, at the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP, 2017-2020) which was launched on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.