- Joseph David was captured from Mubi by Boko Haram when he was 22 years old
- He became a Boko Haram commander and earned N500,000 as salary monthly and married a wife Faridah
- He was, shortly after marriage, given two Chibok girls as gift and he married them too forcibly
- For more reports on Boko Haram, visit: https://www.naij.com/tag/boko-haram.html
As Nigerians await the return of the missing Chibok girls abducted in April 2014, a Boko Haram commander has narrated how he was given two of them as gifts.
The Nation, in an exclusive report, quotes the terrorist commander Joseph David, a Christian-turn-Islamist-insurgent, as saying that he forcibly married the two girls.
He said the girls were given to him as benefits that accrued to him as a Boko Haram commander and they came soon not long after he married his first wife Faridah.
The report says David was also kidnapped by the sect from his town in Mubi, Adamawa state when he was just 22 years old and was converted to their ideology and later made a commander.
David, who claimed he was a student at the Adamawa State Polytechnic in Yola, the state capital, is presently in custody after he was captured by soldiers.
He said he earned N500,000 as salary every month. He was sometime paid the equivalent in foreign currency.
David said he however incurred the wrath of his ‘commander-in-chief’ Abubakar Shekau because of the way he treated the girls and his first wife Faridah in Sambisa Forest.
To punish him for 'being so good', Shekau took all the women away from him.
He said: “He (Shekau) said he did not trust me. He said, one day, I would run with them back to Nigeria.
“I want to say sorry because these things that I did, I did them to save my life. If I didn’t do them, they might think I was trying to bring problem within them."
The three women, he said, were still in Sambisa Forest.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com gathered that the 21 Chibok schoolgirls released by Boko Haram militants in October last year, have been enrolled in a secondary school to sit for their final exams.
Since their release, authorities have remained silent on where the girls are being kept in Abuja.
However, in separate interviews, the parents of the girls disclosed on Saturday, April 1, that they had started lessons in preparation for the final secondary school exams they missed three years ago.