- Nnia Nwodo, has revealed that the refusal of the IPOB and MASSOB subsist their agitation under the present political situation is stirring friction in Igboland
- The President-General of the Ohaneze Ndigbo, said killing of pro-Biafrans in the Southeast have contributed to the continued agitation by the pro-Biafrans
- Nwodo says the continued injustice meted out against the pro-Biafrans will stir them to violence
Nnia Nwodo - the President-General of the Ohaneze Ndigbo, has disclosed why pro-Biafra groups, Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), and the Movement of the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), threaten Igbo leaders within the Southeast.
Speaking in Lagos, Nwodo disclosed that both pro-Biafra groups warned that they cannot subsist their agitation under “this present political situation.”
Nwodo also frowned over the killings of some members of the pro-Biafra groups, saying “their grief is my grief, their struggle is my struggle.”
Recall that no fewer than five members of IPOB were on January 12, 2017 alleged killed by security operatives in Asaba, Delta State.
But speaking on the agitation, the President-General said, “Who wouldn’t agitate if you were in their shoes? I did so when we went to war in Biafra. The pogrom was a catalyst for war. And no civilization murders people in a way to solve political problems.
“I fought for Biafra in 1967. I see the same condition that propelled Biafra existing now. I see the children restive and even threatening us their fathers that they cannot subsist under this present political situation. I am their father.
“Their grief is my grief. Their struggle is my struggle. Even though I do not agree that it is necessary to waste Igbo lives now, I believe that Nigeria is going to be restructured in a manner that every part of it can be developed on its own momentum with a reasonable sense of fiscal independence.
“I think that what is being done to these boys has exacerbated them and increased their capacity for violence.
“Between Enugu and Anambra States, there is a river, 20 bodies floated in that river for two months and they were supposed to be MASSOB bodies, nobody cared and investigated it till today.”
Meanwhile, (IPOB) worldwide and it's leadership have said that a great exhibition is about to hold in Spain.
A letter by Comrade Emma Powerful - the media and publicity scribe of the IPOB, informed that the Biafrans, friends of Biafra and lovers of freedom all over the world had been invited to come and witness the exhibition of Biafra holocaust and genocides committed against the people of Biafra from 1945 to 2017 in Victoria Spain.
The letter informed that: "The showcase and exhibition of the genocides melted against the people of Biafra from 1967 till date will start from 10th and ends on 13th March 2017 in Victoria Spain.
All and sundry are expected to be there no matter where you may be around the corners of this earth IPOB will foot the bills.
The genocidal war against the people of Biafra was a calculated move made by the British government to annihilate the Biafran people.
Our people went through harassment, humiliation, intimidation, killings, defilement, hunger, deaseas and torture from 67 to 1970 under the supervision of major General Yakubu Gowon."