Is rooibos tea good for you? Undoubtedly yes! This fantastic beverage has plenty of benefits. It is a delicious and aromatic hot and cold drink. Rooibos tea stimulates and tones your body, saturating it with minerals and vitamins. Naij.com is going to tell you about rooibos tea benefits you did not know.
Rooibos tea is a magic South African ethnic drink of red color. It is brewed from a plant that bears the same name. It has a sweet taste with some particular hint of woody-nutty flavor.
Scientifically, this plant is called Aspalathus linearis. People use the leaves of Aspalathus linearis to make rooibos or bush tea. In Great Britain, it is called redbush tea. The red bush grows only in South Africa, in the Cedar Mountains, which are located 220 kilometers from Cape Town.
Local tribes have been using rooibos tea since ancient times as a therapeutic drug, a refreshing drink, and a natural dyestuff.
The origin of rooibos tea is very mysterious. No one really can tell its story. According to one of the legends, the gods gave this beverage to people as a source of inexhaustible youth, energy, and robust health. No wonder, that rooibos tea is traditionally called Bushmen elixir.
Rooibos tea benefits are known long ago. This tea is very useful for skin and hair. Rooibos tea benefits for weight loss have also been proved. Below you will find top 15 amazing benefits of rooibos tea.
Amazing rooibos tea benefits:
- Rooibos tea contains neither caffeine nor tannin. Therefore, you can drink it at any time and in any amount.
- Rooibos tea contains plenty of vitamins and minerals. These are vitamins A, E, F, as well as calcium, manganese, fluoride, copper, potassium, zinc, iron, and magnesium.
- This tea is very useful for people with elevated pressure, in diabetes and atherosclerosis treatment.
- Brewed rooibos tea is an excellent antibacterial agent of natural origin.
- Local African tribes always use rooibos tea as a therapeutic drug, a refreshing beverage, and a natural dyestuff.
- Rooibos tea is used to treat allergies and skin diseases. Many doctors in Nigeria consider it the best prophylactic against these diseases.
- In cooking, rooibos tea can be used as a base for cocktails and during the preparation of hot meals. In baking, rooibos tea can replace milk.
READ ALSO: What are black tea benefits?
- Unique rooibos tea perfectly helps to treat insomnia.
- Rooibos tea benefits cannot be overestimated for people with the gastrointestinal disorders. Moreover, it is very useful for the digestion.
- Rooibos tea is used as an expectorant and a remedy that correctly treats helminths.
- A brewing of this unique beverage can be used as compresses for the treatment of pruritus, eczema, dermatitis, and skin irritations.
- Rooibos tea is widely used in cosmetics. If you want to refresh your skin and body significantly, just take a bath with rooibos tea tincture. You can also wash your face with it.
- If you have a sunburn, rooibos tea tincture will also help very much.
- Lotions made with rooibos tea is a very effective means against eye fatigue, swelling and inflammation.
- Is rooibos tea good for pregnancy? Many African women regularly ask this question. Rooibos tea health benefits affect the whole organism. This beverage restores immunity. Therefore, rooibos tea is very useful for small children and nursing mothers.
Now you know the most amazing rooibos tea benefits for health and good mode. You can drink this great beverage both cold and hot. It perfectly quenches thirst at any time of the year. If you want to experience much flavor, just add orange, lemon, or apple. You can brew rooibos tea up to three times, and it does not lose its flavor and taste. It is very saving, isn’t it?